Join us for a fun, practical day of learning just how powerful your smartphone or tablet really is as a content production tool! This workshop will show you how to plan and create compelling multimedia content for social media.
The day covers all key facets of the process, from conceptualising and planning your content, to shooting, editing, packaging and publishing – all from your smart device.
You’ll learn how to create multimedia content that really resonate with social media audiences, incorporating audio, video, text and photography. We’ll cover various need-to-know tips, tricks and techniques, and give you guidance on recommended equipment and apps.
There’s something for everyone in this workshop, whether you’re a small business owner looking to reach new customers in creative ways, an NGO looking to give extra legs to your fundraising efforts, or a journalist who needs to know how to quickly produce and share social media content from your phone when out on a story.
Please note that Android is the primary platform we use in this workshop, but many of the concepts and techniques apply to iOS devices too.
The workshop covers:
- Intro to mobile content creation: Overview of how news and other organisations are adapting to a social media world in which content is increasingly produced and consumed on mobile devices. Overview of content types and trends, and who to follow for industry developments, content ideas etc.
- Equipment and technique: Overview of recommended equipment (such as powerbanks, grips/mounts, mics), and an introduction to practical mobile content production techniques, covering video, photography and audio.
- Apps: Introduction to and demonstration of a variety of recommended apps for recording, editing, packaging and publishing content, including 360° content.
- Planning and concept: Sometimes spur of the moment is great, other times you need a story concept and a plan – we’ll show you how to develop these.
- Live coverage: Ideas for using your phone to do live broadcasts on your social media platforms.
- Practical sessions: focusing on content planning, shooting, editing and publishing.
“This is a course that provides you with valuable information and practice to produce engaging content for your social media platforms. It was an inspiring and fun day of training and obviously hugely beneficial to our network.” – Hilda Gertze, Coordinator, Philanthropy Leadership Network
Here’s a fun video we made in about five minutes (on a phone) during a previous Mobile Content Creation course:
Mobile Content Creation is an essential skill for journalists.
Watch how Social Weaver’s mobile journalism training has been implemented at SABC News: